Set Sail Towards
A Prosperous Future with ALAM
ALAM is looking for candidates with the right attitude and drive to take up a fulfilling career as maritime professionals. If you think you have what it takes for this challenging and rewarding profession, sign up for our Cadet Sponsorship programme and you will be equipped for future career advancements as Ship Captain or Chief Engineer with global merchant navy organisations. Enjoy the many perks that the maritime industry has to offer by not only having an assured lucrative career after you graduate, you will also have an adventure of a lifetime, as well as the chance to travel and see the world.
Types of Programme Sponsored
Diploma in Nautical Studies (Navigating Officer Cadet)
[KPT/JPS (A11142) 12/14]
Diploma in Marine Engineering (Marine Engineer Officer Cadet)
[KPT/JPS (A11143) 12/14]
- SPM Result with minimum ‘C’ or with strong credits in Bahasa Malaysia, English, Mathematics, Additional Mathematics and Physics.
- Single, Male or Female, not more than 25 years old
- Minimum height of 158cm and weight of 48kg for male applicants (BMI: 18.5 – 24.9)
- Minimum height of 155cm and weight of 42kg for female applicants (BMI: 18.5 – 24.9)
- Mentally and physically fit
- Not colour blind
- Perfect vision with no visual aids
School leavers are encouraged to apply!
Sponsorships are available by:
- Local and International shipping companies (e.g. MISC, AET)
- Government Agencies (e.g. FELDA, MARA)
- Port Operators (e.g. Malaysia Port Operator)
- Oil/Gas Companies (e.g. PETRONAS)
- Offshore oil and gas marine support vessels operators (XX)
Graduates may have the opportunity to sail worldwide with leading shipping companies / maritime companies with attractive tax-free salary and employment benefits.
How To Apply?
Please complete and submit the course application form.